Sunday, May 9, 2010

54 Intercontinental Cuties!

How many times have you been playing a game of Crazy 8's or Go Fish with your Grandma, and wished you could be staring at sexy ladies instead? Well, ALACAZAM! Now you can do BOTH!

54 Intercontinental Cuties is a real playable deck of cards, with a unique pinup girl on each face representing a different country. The girly art was done by myself, Josh Cooley (visit cooleycooley.com, or don't, what do I care) and the Modern day Master of the Pinup, Bill Presing.

Bill asked me if I'd like to join him on this lil' project, which is like if you were a baseball fan...having Babe Ruth come up to you and ask if you want to draw a deck of girlie playing cards. So I said "uh...maybe". And we did. The cards will be ready in time for Comic-Con, and available on both of our blogs for sale.

So here's some rough ruffs from the card set. And before you send an angry email explaining to me that "Texas is not a country"... know that I just found that out. (Thank you Wikipedia) What can I say I'm a product of the California public school system.

More to Come!






27 comments:

tiffannysketchbook said...

My favorite is the Queen of Texas!

These are great! :)

Paco said...

Nice! That Texas Queen is indeed great. Reminds me a bit of Slue Foot Sue from Pecos Bill. Awesome work

Gad said...

cool
i like them all, but Cuba is the best

Mike Crichlow said...

Just subscribed to your blog today at Bill's recommendation. Amazing work and I look forward to getting the full deck! :)

Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig said...

These are great. Can't wait to order me some of these fine, fine lasses.

Franck Tingue said...

Queen of Cuba is Bad @$s

Amanieu Rebu said...

This is so cute, i love the Cuban girl! <3 <3 <3 !! :)

Jmontiel said...

all are beautiful!!!!

Adam Temple said...

Those look awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on a deck.

Bill Robinson said...

I am so excited about this. And damn, your stuff blends very nicely with Bill's!!

Adam Knight said...

Hahaha, these are awesome! I will definitely be getting these when they're available.

Got an sexy cowgirls? Go fish!

Danny Araya said...

I'm gonna buy the &*#$ out of that

Munchanka said...

"With this deck of queens, you'll be guaranteed 5 of a kind AND a royal flush in every hand!"

James C Trujillo said...

Oh weird, I just checked up on my dashboard to take a break from roughing out some pinups for Sketch Tuesday and saw this post. I can't wait to see and buy the finished deck. Make Gilby Elvgren proud. That's right, I said Gilby. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Tim Motberry said...

Josh these are amazing, thank you for showing us. I hope you will show us the rest of rough drawings, since when we buy them they will all be finished designs.

Thank you
Tim

Howard Shum said...

Fantastic stuff!

Starline said...

What company are you going thru to get these made?

ame.art said...

You could always make "Texas" a USA pin up instead. I've heard of stereo typing of the US is cowboys and everyone riding on horses... although, that stereotype might be a little outdated these days...!
I don't know, maybe I just like the girl.

Dara said...

Those are some cool cards. Though I challenge the accuracy of the Irish one!

Ashamolly said...

I think Cuba's my favorite, she's got a lot of spunk to her ;D

One thing about the north pole; I think penguins are exclusive to the south and polar bears to the north, at least if I remember correctly =P

Bob/Irv said...

I am a big Formula One fan so my fave is Monaco, natch. The F1 car dashing into the tunnel is very slick.

Bob Moss (Leslie Moss Chaw's Dad)

C_R said...

and the North Pole has polar bears, no penguins. :)

Anonymous said...

Great set, will definately keep my eyes peeled- I agree, you could rework the Texas into a USA. The academic in me also fusses over the north pole- that's not a country either. Although technically, the north pole is in Canada, you could rework it that way? There's lots of beaver innuendo there too <3 Either way, i'd love to see a canada card!

Brandon Miles said...

cuba is smokin' hot...

Keera said...

Cuba's My fav, no doubt... :P

Anonymous said...

The Turkish girl is pretty!